All ready for the second day of Web Summit? Here’s some of the highlights for Wednesday, December 3
Portuguese Prime Minister António Costa will present Tottenham Hotspur manager José Mourinho with the Web Summit Innovation in Sport award – “the international mark of excellence in the sports business community”.
Bloomberg editor-in-chief John Micklethwait will discuss how and why he expects there to be a “brief honeymoon period followed by disenchantment” during Joe Biden’s presidency.
London’s Mayor Sadiq Khan, Lisbon’s Mayor Fernando Medina, and Toronto’s Mayor John Tory will speak at Web Summit about the pitfalls of collecting large amounts of data and trying to protect citizens’ information
Jessica Alba, founder of The Honest Company, will talk about the importance of representation from her setting an example as a rare female Latinx entrepreneur to the example set by United States Vice President-elect Kamala Harris to young girls.
The Prime Minister of Spain, Pedro Sánchez, will make an appearance at Web Summit to announce the introduction of a new Startup Act and the appointment of a high commissioner tasked with transforming Spain into an entrepreneurial nation by the end of the decade.
The founder and CEO of Zoom, Eric Yuan, will talk about how the way we work has changed forever, and why we’ll witness a new hybrid way of working when the pandemic is over
23andMe CEO Ann Wojcicki will join GlaxoSmithKline chief scientific officer Hal Barron to talk about their companies’ joint efforts in new drug discovery – including work on Covid-19.
The head of HBO Max Global, Andy Forssell, and Casey Bloys, chief content officer of HBO and HBO Max will join us to talk about HBO Max’s expansion plans for 2021.
Bridgewater Associates co-chairman Ray Dalio will speak about the China and the United States conflict, which could result in a military war – and how to stop it.
Tennis legend Serena Williams and Away co-founder and president Jen Rubio will talk about the collaboration that Williams has done with Away.
The conference will run daily from 12pm to 8pm GMT.
- Sensorium Corporation is excited to announce that David Guetta, Carl Cox, and Armin van Buuren will create exclusive performances for Sensorium Galaxy — the world’s most advanced social VR platform.
- Horizm is announcing collaboration between Premiership footballer Richarlison and Olocip, the AI in sports business founded by Marbella and former Real Madrid footballer, Esteban Granero.
- Proxyclick launches a brand new technology platform to power easier return to work: Proxyclick Flow provides a single platform and app.
Startups making announcements today include:
- Bookful, World’s Largest Augmented Reality Library App, Welcomes Sesame Street Books!
- Corona-proof hospitality social media platform Nocto introduces recovery plan during Web Summit 2020.
- HISTORY TOUR: VR Pole published world’s first public XR tour, global premiere at Web Summit
- Clubs of the future: Wikinight prepares a platform for clubs to open in post-covid-19 security.