The third and last day of the conference is here! Here’s what you shouldn’t miss.
FedEx president and COO Raj Subramaniam will talk about how the company is working with major pharmaceutical companies and the United States’ Operation Warp Speed to deliver the Covid-19 vaccine
European commissioner Margrethe Vestager will talk about how Europe’s failure to build a single market has become one of the reasons that the United States and China
dominate the global tech industry.
The winner of Web Summit’s PITCH competition will be crowned today.
Revolut founder and CEO Nikolay Storonsky spoke at Web Summit today about regulation and competition from the east, and from western banks
Alex Stamos, director of Stanford Internet Observatory will discuss domestic disinformation in the US Presidential Election.
Founder and CEO of Impossible Foods, Pat Brown will talk about the future of the meat industry and how he believes that they can replace the use of animals as a food technology by 2035.
Singer-songwriter Emeli Sandé will speak about the need for more diversity in top executive positions and how the movement can benefit from a change in psychology.
Nobel Prize laureate Malala Yousafzai and Apple VP of environment, policy and social initiatives Lisa Jackson will reflect on their individual paths, how climate change impacts girls, and what governments and businesses can do to meet climate targets.
Ro Khanna, Congressman at the House of Representatives, will discuss how his central push to the incoming Biden administration will be a bill of digital rights, which he’s working with Tim Berners-Lee to create.
Actor Chris Evans will speak about A Starting Point, the civic engagement video-based app he launched this year, and why a neutral bipartisan site is needed in these highly divisive, polarising times.
The conference will run daily from 12pm to 8pm GMT
- PitchBook and Web Summit partnered on their third venture investor survey to examine investment activity as the coronavirus pandemic persists. Here are the findings.
- Cementing, Europe’s leading influencer marketing platform, announces first-to-market developments to its technology that will ensure the highest quality content for its advertiser partners.
- Bain & Company announces the opening of a Milan Digital Innovation Hub – a space dedicated to exploring disruption and helping clients build new products and experiences that will accelerate their digital ambitions.
- Project “SMART” wins the first edition of the AI Moonshot Challenge.
Startups making announcements today include:
- Singular Places launches an equal-opportunity and value-driven sustainable booking platform championing female entrepreneurs and imperfect positive progress.
- Databank launches the world’s first deep-learning based autograder.
- Aikido Finance announces the launch of its high-performance investing strategies.